Finding it hard.

on Thursday, February 5, 2009
I can’t get anything done these days. It’s impossible. Plans for the next two months have fallen through and now there’s not much to do around these parts. Nothing much except procrastination.

Case in point. Someone showed me this article on good/bad procrastination two weeks ago.

http://www.paulgraham.com/procrastination.html

It looked interesting and worthy of my time, and it’s been sitting in my Safari internet tabs since then, and only yesterday did I get around to reading it. I can’t believe it.

I procrastinated reading an article on procrastination for 2 weeks.

That is bad! Only to discover that I am a type B procrastinator, which means I put off the good things and spend all my time on the bad things. Big surprise. Which means that I put off reading this article by blogging and facebook and mopping my floor and working out more. Not cool.

I DO have worthwhile things to do, but with no set deadline it’s hard for me to get them done. I guess I need the pressure. The article suggests that the way to solve the problem of procrastination is to "let delight pull you instead of making a to-do list push you. Work on an ambitious project you really enjoy, and sail as close to the wind as you can, and you'll leave the right things undone." True.

Here's one thing to check of my list: finally take this article off of my computer.

0 comments: