Joy in the mundane

on Sunday, April 11, 2010
I dread the work load I have to do this quarter. It's not a whole lot of busy work, but several BIG projects - doing an Independent Study Project (a whole class in itself!), writing a grant for my non-profit class, and developing a teaching portfolio. After church and a nice, long walk on the beach, I buckled down and started working on my online portfolio. In the process, I made a tremendous discovery: it's so much fun! I've never made a website before (I don't count this blog), much less a website promoting MYSELF....although I guess I would say it's more 'describing myself' more than 'promoting'. I've spent a solid 4 hours or so working on it, creating my very own interactive map, and telling stories. Describing the past work that I've done has allowed me to return to those times and be amazed at how those experiences in my life journey have all brought me to this point...which will bring me to another point in the future....and another. I'm quite excited to see what the future holds for me!

This is the link to my portfolio. (And in doing this, I learned how to embed a link: fancy technical skills!) It is still very much a work in progress and many of the links lead to nowhere! Luckily I still have 8 weeks to work on it. Hooray for finding joy in the seemingly mundane!

0 comments: