Fall bounty

on Monday, October 24, 2011
I'm trying to take advantage of fall here in Yakima as much as I can. My mom got a gigantic zucchini from church. I've managed to make three meals from it already.

First, I made this, yummy!


And these have been one of my favorites all summer long:


Everybody doubted me when I said I was going to make fritters, but these were a bit hit (at least for Reuben and I, not the rest of the family, but only because they wouldn't even give them a chance!
:


I still have one quarter of the zucchini left and I'm thinking about trying some muffins or cookies!

Next fall food obsession: apples!

I've made apple pie, 3 huge pots of applesauce, apple crisp, and a fan-tabulous pot of butternut-squash apple soup (thanks Martha!). More surely to follow.

Yummy!

0 comments: