Spring?

on Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I need a break. I have so much to do, a grant to write, another paper to finish, and hours of reading for class tomorrow and Friday. I have to babysit this evening. It's not raining outside, and, shockingly, the sun is shining. I want out. Although I'm all about being outside no matter the weather, I can't seem to justify taking that time in the midst of so many other things I need to do in the next 2 weeks.

I went out today to go for a walk around the neighborhood, but the birds were chirping right outside my door and I didn't get past our driveway. Although the trees are what shades our house from receiving any sort of sunlight in the winter, how lucky we are that we can live amongst such great and tall things.




I'm tying really really hard to see signs of spring, not just because of how beautiful how the world becomes, but because I think my spirit needs it too. Here's what I've found so far in the space of our yard:






Come spring, come! (And with it, a lighter work load for me!)

0 comments: