Valentines Day

on Sunday, February 13, 2011
Although Reuben and I have observed several Valentines Days in the past few years, this is our first Valentines Day as husband and wife. Last year when I was living at IslandWood, he arranged to have flowers and chocolate sent to my cabin along with the help of my friend Zoe.

This morning I woke up to Reuben sneaking out the door. I knew he was up to something (last minute something!) so I hung out in bed and read the only pleasure reading I have at the moment: Little House on the Prairie (Pa left for Independence!). When Reuben had come home and I came out of the bedroom, this is what was waiting for me:


I had been eyeing the tulips that I saw last week at Pike Place Market. They are the ultimate sign that spring is on its way (despite the look of the sky today!)

I have been a avid user of "Stickies" on my Mac, and this morning Reuben had left a message for me:



For breakfast I made our favorite, french toast with a little Valentine's Day theme.



Happy Valentines day and thanks to my wonderful husband :)

0 comments: