Fireworks and Jane Austen

on Sunday, January 25, 2009
Tonight I'm sitting in my room reading Emma and drinking peppermint hot chocolate. As I'm pondering the curious dis-interest between Mr. Knightly and Miss Woodhouse (what will become of it??, the first of the season's fireworks are exploding right outside my window. Thus begins Chinese New Year...ugh. No good sleep for Erin for the next week or two. No Chinese food either, because all the restaurants are closed.

I read an article about Jane Austen yesterday which says: "She was not much of a looker." Apparently Jane Austen was so "ugly" that they recently had to change her picture on her books. Quite interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6484281.stm

1 comments:

Laura said...

I love reading your blog! I'm glad you're enjoying Jane Austen. There are a few I've still never read, but keep meaning to read.