Singapore signage

on Monday, January 12, 2009
There's all kinds of things you can't do in Singapore. I don't normally chew gum, but just because of the fact that it is illegal in Singapore, it made me want to chew it. There are lots of things that you can be fined for, like not properly flushing a toilet, jaywalking, littering, etcetera. Monkey feeding is quite serious. Although I saw a lot of jaywalking and only one policeman the whole time I was there. Singapore Daredevils. Apparently though, they are quite strictly enforced. They still practice caning and hanging as punishment. Here are some signs that caught my eye:







And just in case you didn't know:


This last one was taken at the Singapore zoo, where in November of 2008 3 tigers mauled a man to death:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7727100.stm

0 comments: