Day 0

on Sunday, February 7, 2010
Allow me to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Evergreen Erin.

Tomorrow at about 1:30 I will be officially responsible for the week-long health and happiness of 7 fifth grade students + one chaperone at outdoor school.

Thus begins a typical teaching week at IslandWood.

As if I don't have enough to do already, I'm going to try to write about my teaching experience throughout the week.

This is what I know of this week so far:

I have 3 girls and 4 boys, one of which "doesn't like ice cream". When asked what they are afraid of about IslandWood, 6 out of 7 responded "nothing". The other student responded, "Not being able to call home." Tough cookies.

The weather is supposed to be sunny which makes me hopeful. What's not so hopeful is that it is quite late and I am going to wake myself up before dawn to go run. However, there's no better way to start the day than a few quiet moments on the beach, watching the sun rise.

Until tomorrow,

ee

0 comments: