Overwhelmed

on Friday, February 5, 2010
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by life right now. A LOT overwhelmed, to be more correct. There's so much going on in my life: school, teaching, classes, relationships, and life in general. It's impossible to do it all.

But they're all good things. They're all exciting things: once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. This is my only chance to be at IslandWood, my only shot to live on Bainbridge Island, and I certainly can't replace or relive my relationships and the point of my life that I'm at right now. I'm surrounded by so many interesting people, places, and ideas. I wish I had all the time in the world to give myself fully to all of these things. But because that cannot be the case, some things have got to go. I have to prioritize my life according to what's most important to me, and inevitably things (even good things) will have to be let go. Say it isn't so!

How amazing it is to think about how overwhelmingly blessed I am! I am surrounded by so many good things that I can't humanly take it all in. My cup overflows. God is good.

0 comments: