Peanut Butter

on Monday, January 9, 2012
What is the one thing that I have not been able to find here? Natural peanut butter. I'd be perfectly content eating almond butter all the time, but our Costco-size jar of Maranatha almond butter is going empty fast. We must ration. Reuben picked up some raw peanuts at an Indian shop while making a routine trip to Little India to stock up on dates and raisins. I made an attempt to skin some of them first, but after realizing how long that would take I eventually decided to prepare them skins and all. Bonus fiber!



I roasted them in the oven, let them cool and then threw them in the blender with some oil, salt, and honey. The verdict? Delicious! I wasn't able to make it super smooth in the blender, but I like my PB chunky anyway. It was spreadable when I put in in the jar when it was warm, but it became pretty solid once it got cold. But it's the perfect consistency for eating with a spoon!



Yummy.

0 comments: