Another list

on Sunday, May 20, 2012
I have a school break coming up.  While the American school year is winding down, Malaysian schools are at their half-way point (the school year starts in January - no "summer break" here).  I have two weeks off!  I've been making a mental check-list of what I want to do with that time, mostly for my own sanity so that I could get through these past few weeks.  I'm going to be making some major changes in LifeBridge's literacy program when I get back, so I have to do some planning but I also need to recharge myself.  Here's a few things I'm hoping to accomplish:

1)  Join a gym, or at least do a trial week.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time!  All I really want to do are the classes, but unfortunately here you cannot pay per class but have to do the monthly membership thing.  I want to see if it would be worth it.

2) Get a haircut.  I need one so bad.

3) Go to the dentist.  Just one of those things that I've been putting off.

4) Do an online course through Reading Rockets that covers strategies to teach reading.  I conveniently skipped over that part in my Master of Education.  I've also been thinking about doing a class through Coursera.  I'm also slowly making my way through the Revive our Hearts podcast series.  Cheers to life-long learning!

5) Get my Long Term Social Visit Pass, so that Malaysia won't kick me out of the country every three months!  My ability to stay in the country will allow us to spend the money that we normally use to go to Singapore, Thailand, etc. for my visa runs on more local travel, so that we can see more of Malaysia. There's so many places in this country we haven't been!

6) Maybe watch another season of 24.  Reuben and I are mid-way through our third season of the series.  Although I've seen some of them before, it's still as nail-biting as ever!  We borrowed 5 seasons of it from a friend.  And since we're really boring people, we normally watch one or two in every evening.

7) Mourn the finale of American Idol.  Once again, the show has disappointed me.  How could they let Josh Ledet leave?  Is America DEAF?  It shouldn't surprise me though, considering the fact that  Scotty McCreery won the show last year.  ::shudder::  As you can tell, I'm a fan of the show (but not of Scotty McCreery, obviously).  I force myself to stay up till midnight on Friday and Saturday nights (I told you, we're boring people) to watch it, since they show it so ridiculously late here.  Next week is the grand finale, but since Josh is gone I don't really care anymore.  

How exciting.  Not exactly "summer vacation," but I'll take what I can get!

0 comments: